Extract from register of marriages

Teurlings Advocaten

An original extract (copy) from the register of marriages issued by the town hall where the marriage took place. The extracts must be no more than three months old.  For marriages carried out overseas, the original marriage certificate, or an older copy is sufficient. However, this document must be translated by a certified translator unless it is written in English.

Note: proof of the registration of the birth or family record booklet is not sufficient for the court.